When you come to dine at El Mezcal restaurant in Defiance, OH, you’ll be treated to exquisite Mexican food, all made from traditional recipes from south of the border. If it’s adventure your taste buds want, our restaurant will take you on an exciting journey of fresh, delicious tastes from homemade salsas to handmade tortillas, and even fresh, spicy chili peppers (if you dare!). With food that will delight your senses while tickling your taste buds, it’s hard to beat a fresh lunch or dinner at El Mezcal!
Our extensive menu features the traditional dishes that have put Mexican cuisine on the map. We also have a children’s menu with the perfect combination of flavors and ingredients for little ones’ tastes. Here are just a few of the dishes that have made our restaurant famous in Defiance, OH:
• Tacos – Of course, no trip to a Mexican restaurant would be complete without tasty tacos! With your choice of fried corn or grilled, soft flour tortilla, and choice of ingredients like seasoned beef, chicken, or pork, cheese, crispy lettuce, and fresh-chopped tomatoes, we’ve got the perfect taco for every taste.
• Enchiladas – This traditional dish combines perfectly cooked ingredients like tender chicken, juicy beef, and warm melted cheese, all wrapped in fresh tortillas and bathed in homemade chili sauce before being baked to perfection for a wonderful combination of texture and spices.
• Fajitas – Let the aroma of sizzling fajitas entice your taste buds when you order this delicious dish, combining ingredients like chicken, beef, peppers, onions, and other vegetables at our restaurant. Served with fresh flour tortillas and toppings like sour cream, pico de gallo, and guacamole, this flavor infusion simply shouldn’t be missed!
• Tamales – This very traditional dish is made with cornmeal dough cooked together with meat, poultry, vegetables, or beans and plenty of spices. The entire bundle is then wrapped in cornhusks, and steamed to perfection.
• Burritos – With your choice of varieties, our plump burritos are sure to quell any-sized hunger! Perfect for meat eaters, and vegetarians, too!
In addition to these classic Mexican restaurant choices, we’ve got a range of appetizers and starters like nachos and quesadillas, as well as soups, salads, and more. For dessert, be sure to try our tasty sopapillas, or Mexican fried dough, or creamy soft flan with caramel glaze. Wash it all down with Mexican beers from the bar, or a cold, delicious margarita in a selection of exciting flavors!
To enjoy great food in our relaxed atmosphere, stop by our locally owned and operated restaurant today!